If you’re planning a class reunion, sooner or later you’ll be looking for wording to add to your save-the-date cards, website, emails, and even favors. A great quote can inspire your classmates to attend your reunion party. Here are seven ideas for choosing just the right quotes for your big event.
1. Don’t get discouraged If your favorite search engine doesn’t have many choices, type in the words: reunion quotes. In fact, you may not find any citations that actually contain this phrase. You might come across this one by Tryon Edwards: Every parting is a form of death, just as every reunion is a kind of heaven. But that’s a little heavy for a party.
2. Look for reminders. To find appropriate class reunion quotes, you need to ask yourself what feelings you want to evoke in your former classmates. Encourage them to relive memories of the good old school days. Here are some examples:
* Time is popular, but can not fade the memories that friends made.
* To reminisce with my old friends, a chance to share some memories and play our songs again. – Ricky Nelson
* Beautiful memory brings the light of other days around me. -Thomas More
* If you remember me, it means that you carried something of what I am with you, that I left an impression of who I am, of who you are. It means you can call me back to your spirit, though countless years and miles may lie between us. That means you’ll know me when we meet again. -Friedrich Buechner
* Remind yourself as often as you like, a happy memory never wears out. -Libbie Fudim
3. Remind them of old friendships. One of the top reasons for attending a class reunion is to reconnect with former high school buddies. Look for quotes about friends, paying special attention to the sayings that emphasize those old, tried, and true friendships. Here are some ideas:
* No distance or time can diminish the friendship of those who are fully convinced of the worth of one another. -Robert Southey
* Nothing says comfort like an old friend.
* I count myself in nothing so fortunate as in a soul that remembers my good friends. – William Shakespeare
* Never forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend as you will always find me as yours. – Ludwig van Beethoven
* We all walk different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other with us.
4. Talk about nostalgia. You can help your classmates reminisce by finding facts about events, awards, songs, sports, and movies from your school days. Or you can find quotes about nostalgia, for example:
* The essence of nostalgia is the awareness that what was will never be again. – Milton S. Eisenhower
* Every now and then a trip into nostalgia is good for the soul. -Dan Bartolovic
5. Try a little humor. A well-chosen joke can sometimes be more effective than a philosophical quote. Here are a few humorous ones that might work for you:
* Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald that they don’t recognize you. – Bennett Cerf
* True terror consists in waking up one morning to find your high school class running the country. – Kurt Vonnegut
6. Listen to these old songs. Music can evoke all kinds of memories. So you could borrow a line or two from a popular song from the year you graduated. If none of them seem entirely appropriate, you could look up the lyrics to songs about missing you, friendship, or remembering the good old days. Some possibilities would be Memories by Barbara Streisand, Reminiscing by the Little River Band and Please Remember by Leann Rimes.
7. Use your own words. You don’t have to quote a famous person to find a great class reunion quote. Flip through your old yearbook and see if any of your former students or teachers have an interesting comment. Brainstorm with your committee and see if you can come up with some wording ideas. Ask your classmates who register online to leave a comment. One of these could be just right for the event. Finally, you can always use your school motto if you have one.
At first glance, finding a great class reunion quote might seem like a difficult task. But it’s easy to put together a nice selection if you keep these tips in mind. Search for sayings with the right keywords, come up with lyrics, or write your own slogan and you’ll soon find that you have plenty to choose from.
Thanks to Linda Kling | #Class #Reunion #Quotes #Top #tips #choosing #great #sayings #planning #class #reunion #party