For many years, families have explored the two options of public school and home schooling for their children, but with today’s new technology, a third option is now available. That choice is private and accredited online homeschooling. Homeschooling children has become a viable option for many families. A family that chooses to do so withdraws from the traditional education system in order to have complete direction and control over their children’s education. Parents make all decisions about the curriculum, how children will be assessed, and when children will complete their education.
The benefits of this type of learning are limitless. Remote learners can work together on the same problem in real-time using a shared computer screen. Students can easily access resources around the world without leaving the computer workstation. Students can also choose from a variety of learning resources that best suit their learning needs.
1. These schools have educators and teachers who are trained to provide flexible and quality education to both the family and the student.
2. The curriculum for each student is tailored to their individual needs.
3. The online program combines the strengths of homeschooling and private tutoring.
4. Fits into the schedule of busy parents.
5. Can take place anywhere in the world.
1. This type of program requires a lot of commitment.
2. Many of the children’s parents have to quit their jobs to stay at home, which can put a financial strain on the family.
3. It is a great adjustment not only for the parents but also for the children, emotionally and socially.
Thanks to Diana Jenkins