One of the most common problems shared by internet users and businesses is the lack of options when it comes to sharing large files online. Here are 10 of the most common complaints. Don’t worry; we are also talking about a solution!
1. Security. For many businesses and Internet users, emailing large files is simply not an option. You don’t have to send sensitive information or medical records to want and deserve 100% security. Email certainly does not guarantee a level of security. Also, it’s too easy to lose an email or get accidentally deleted or intercepted. While digital file transfer solutions offer a touch more security than standard email, they don’t take the extra steps that exist with FTP site hosting. However, it must be noted that security measures vary within FTP site hosting services. Look for services that are HIPAA compliant. This means the service meets government security standards and is secure enough to transfer and store sensitive medical files. It couldn’t be safer!
2. Size Restrictions. Most e-mail programs limit the file upload size to around 10 MB. That’s not a lot of space. Many compressed documents are still too large, and spreadsheets, graphic files, audio, and more are simply too large to send. While digital file transfer can handle larger files, file size is still generally limited and there is a limit to the type of file you can upload and share. FTP site hosting means virtually unlimited file size, up to 100GB and more file types than you can imagine.
3. Time Restrictions. The digital file transfer comes with handcuffs. The recipient has to open and download the file within a certain time. If that doesn’t happen… Phew, it’s gone. This means if your recipient didn’t have a chance to access the file before it disappeared, you’ll have to go through the upload and send process again. Once you upload a file to your FTP site, it stays there until you remove it. No handcuffs.
4. Collaboration Issues. Many people share files because they are collaborating on a project. If the file isn’t too large, email works well for instant collaboration. Digital transmission does not offer collaboration tools. However, with FTP sites, collaboration is easy because users can upload the modified file and their correspondence. Also, an FTP site can have many assigned users, making collaboration easier. This solution also means that projects can be easily tracked and progress is not lost. FTP keeps collaboration on track and simplifies the process.
5. Restricted File Types. Many companies use unique software programs. Industry specific software. For example, architects, engineers, and designers all use specialized technologies. Email doesn’t allow many file types. However, with FTP there are no file type restrictions. All you have to do is upload it to your website and share it with other users, clients and collaborators.
6. Too expensive. You may be thinking… email is free. Yes, many email programs are free, but you will have trouble finding an email program that allows its users to upload files larger than 5-10 MB. That’s not a lot of space! However, FTP site hosting is extremely inexpensive and you only pay for the storage you have. Plans generally range from a modest 600MB to a whopping 100GB. As your needs grow, you can update your site quickly and easily. How Much Does FTP Hosting Cost? Plans start at around $2.00 per week and there are no additional setup fees or additional fees.
7. Long term commitment required. Many file transfer solutions require long-term commitments or memberships. Many FTP site hosting services keep it simple. Businesses invest in a monthly plan that they can change or cancel at any time. No long-term commitment means you can change your plan as your business changes as you see fit.
8. Volatile Technology. Sometimes technology is a real pain in the ass. It’s true. You think you’ve found a solution, pay for it, upload the software, and then need a technical degree to figure out how it works for you. Not only is your time wasted, but so is your money. FTP is the fastest, easiest and most widely used file sharing system on the market. It is accepted worldwide and the technology is well established which means there are no bugs.
9. Software knowledge required. Different technologies have different learning curves. Some are easy at the click of a button and others are…well, they’re complicated. FTP is easy. Additionally, some FTP site hosting services offer their own web-based software, which means you don’t need to install anything on your computer. All you have to do is know how to click a few keyboard keys – no computer engineering degree required.
10. Lack of branding or customization options. E-mail and digital file transfer systems do not allow you or your company to create a consistent image. FTP site hosting gives you the ability to customize your site so branding is consistent.
When it comes to sharing large files online, there’s really only one fast, secure, simple, and inexpensive solution – FTP site hosting.
If you want to check more articles on FTP site hosting for sharing and storing files online or if you want to try our FTP site hosting service 31 days, freeplease visit us at www.ftpfast.com.
Thanks to Joe Goldrich | #Top #Common #Large #File #Transfer #Problems #Eliminated #FTP #Site #Hosting