Teaching with technology helps expand student learning through assistant teaching goals. However, it can be thought-provoking to choose the best technology tools while keeping the goal of student learning in mind. An expert can find creative and constructive ways to incorporate technology into our lessons.
What do we mean by technology?
The term technology refers to the development of the techniques and tools we use to solve problems or achieve goals. Technology can include all kinds of tools, from low-tech pencils, paper, a blackboard to using presentation software or high-tech tablets, tools for online collaboration and conferencing, and more. The latest technologies allow us to try things in physical and virtual classrooms that were not possible before.
How can technology help students?
Technology can help a student in the following ways:
1. Online Collaboration Tools: Technology has helped students and teachers to share documents online, edit the document in real time and project it on a screen. This gives students a collaborative platform to brainstorm ideas and document their work in text and image.
2. Presentation software: This allows the lecturer to embed high-resolution photos, diagrams, videos and audio files to complement the text and oral lecture content.
3. Tablet: Here tablets can be connected to computers, projectors and the cloud, allowing students and teachers to communicate via text, drawings and diagrams.
4. Course Management Tools: This allows teachers to organize all the resources that students need for the class. the syllabus, assignments, readings, online quizzes.
5. Smartphone: This is a quick and easy way to survey students during class. It’s a great instant poll that can quickly access student understanding and help instructors adjust the pace and content
6. Lecture Capture Tools: Lecture capture tools allow instructors to record lectures directly from their computer without expensive or additional classroom equipment. The record lectures at their own pace.
Benefits of technology integration in education?
The educational technology-based teaching strategies can be described as ethical, facilitating student learning and increasing their capacity, productivity and achievement. Technology integration is inspiring positive changes in teaching practices internationally. The following list of advantages will help to solve a final conclusion:
1. Technology Makes Teaching Easy: Technology has power. It helps using projectors and computer presentations to give any type of lesson or instruction and improve understanding within the class instead of giving theoretical explanations that the students cannot understand.
2. It Facilitates Student Progress: Technology has led teachers to rely on platforms and tools that allow you to track individual achievement.
3. Educational technology is good for the environment: If all schools committed to using digital textbooks, you can imagine how much paper and how many trees will be saved. Students may be instructed to take an online test and submit their work and homework via email. They may also be encouraged to use readers to peruse assigned literature.
4. It made students enjoy learning: Students enjoy learning from a young age through their addiction to Facebook, Instagram, dig and other websites. the internet can distract them from the learning process. Make learning enjoyable by creating a private Facebook group for the class and encouraging constructive conversation.
5. It Makes distance learning More Accessible: Without the Internet, people will not be able to access vital information. distance learning is one of the hottest learning methods today. Students can organize their time in a way that works for them and they can easily acquire the knowledge that interests them.
Thanks to Martin Hahn | #Teaching #Technology