Nowadays, children practice a sport alongside attending school, usually a team sport. And like so many things, this also has its advantages and disadvantages on a physical, mental and spiritual level.
Deciding which is bigger, the pros or cons depends on the point of view of the parents and the children.
– You will learn the value of teamwork
– You learn to work in a team
– They develop their ability to trust someone else
– You will learn to choose the trustworthy people
– You will make more friends
– the pressure to be the best
– the possibility of not being the best
– The potential emotional impact of not being the best can affect a child’s self-esteem
– Physical activity stimulates the brain
– Sport is a way to relieve the stress and pressure of school, so after the exercises, the lessons will automatically be easier to understand and learn
– Competitive sport has priority over children’s education
– Learning can be neglected
– Lack of mental challenge
– You will learn the benefits of being fit, supple and strong
– it ensures great and healthy growth of the child’s body
– You are protected by obesity
– the risk of long-term injuries
– Premature overuse of joints, ligaments and muscles can lead to joint and tendon problems, arthritis, back and neck problems
These are questions that need to be revisited before deciding which sport your child will play.
Thanks to Esmeralda Dean | #Team #Sport #Advantages #Disadvantages #Child