The basic rule for delivering special education to children with special learning needs is to accept the child “at their individual” level and to design a learning program that best suits the individual’s strengths.
To achieve this goal, it is imperative for parents and carers of children with special needs and leaders of special schools to hire good SEN teachers who will help achieve the full development of learners.
Knowing the 5 essential qualities of a good special education teacher will take you a big step closer to your goal of hiring the best candidate: read on to find out what they are!
1. A good special education teacher must have industry certifications to plan, implement, and enhance group and one-to-one instructional programs according to the needs of a school or an individual curriculum. Therefore, a licensed or experienced special education teacher (SEN) has the knowledge and skills needed to base the framework of an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) on a child’s current level of learning and set the right goals for a learner in their care, which is required to enable optimal training programs.
2. Good SEN teachers focus on assessing the social skills, learning behaviors and positive reinforcers that help a given child with special learning needs to acquire pedagogically relevant and individually needed functional skills to become a well-adjusted, capable person .
3. A good special education teacher addresses all aspects of a child’s special educational needs, including motor and self-help performance, socialization and language skills, and improving academic functioning. In order to develop these functional skills to a satisfactory level, a dedicated SEN teacher will work consistently to help the special child achieve these to the best of their ability before moving on to pre-professional and professional skill development according to the observations they have the interests, talents and skills of the child are taken into account.
4. Empathy, enthusiasm and experience are essential personality traits of a special education teacher. So, aside from the above qualities, look for a SEN teacher (or a smart teaching assistant who, with the right education or an in-service program, can be trained to be a good SEN teacher) with a strong interest in analyzing the scholastic Teaching methods and child’s performance records and behavior patterns, and IQ test scores. A good special education teacher will combine these aspects with the child’s primary needs and interests and work to design a child-centred educational plan.
5. Finally, it is very important to choose a professional who encourages and uses parental involvement to help a student with special needs move towards a specific goal, as well as innovation and the use of a variety of strategies to improve Development of an IEP value from a child with special needs.
Thanks to Deepanjolie Figg | #Special #Education #Teachers #Essential #Qualities #Good #SEN #Teacher