Spanish Lessons – Mini Spanish Course Lesson 4 of 20
When learning a new language, there are certain common expressions that you need to know. Of course, once you know how to ask these questions, you must be prepared to understand the answers. The answers you may hear are covered in another lesson. See expressions below.
- Buenos Días – (boo-e-nohs dee-ahs) Hello Note: The e in this pronunciation is pronounced like the ‘e’ in ‘medical’
- Buenas Tardes – (boo-e-nahs tahr-dis) Good evening
- Buenas Noches – (boo-e-nahs no-chess) Good night
- ¿Como esta usted? -(koh-moh ehs-tah oos-ted) How are you? (formally)
- ¿Como estás?-(koh-moh e-stahss) How are you? (family)
- Por Favor – (por fah-before) please
- Gracias (grah-syahs) Thank you
- De nada–(de nah-dah) You’re welcome
- Bien–(bee-en) Good
- Sí, Sen or- (see se-nyor) Yes, sir
- Sí, Sen ora–(see se-nyor-ah) Yes ma’am
- Sí, Sen orita -(see se-nyor-ee-tah) Yes, Miss.
- Quiero – (kee-e-roh) I want
- ¿A qué hora (ah keh o-rah) – At what time?
- ¿Cómo se llama usted?-( koh-moh se yah-mah oos-ted) What’s your name?
- ¿Dónde está?-(dohn-de e-stah) Where is?
Also check out some common vocabulary below that you need to know.
1. El restaurante – (rest-ô-rhan-te) restaurant Note that the ‘e’ at the end of el restaurante is pronounced like the ‘e’ in the word ‘ted’.
2. El auto-(ow-tô) car Note: the ‘o’ in ‘auto’ is a short ‘o’
3. El bano-(bah-nô) bathroom Note: The Spanish no is pronounced like the nio in the onion. The o is a short ‘o’ as in orange
4. El hotel–(ô-tel) hotel Note: The Spanish “h” is always silent. The o is a short ‘o’ as in orange
5. La Calle (kah-ye) street. The sound of the ‘e’ is the sound of the ‘e’ in ted
6. El correo-(kôr-re-ô)-post office Here too the o has a short o-sound like in orange
7th. El cuarto-(kwahr-t-ô) space Another short ‘o’
Practice these vocabulary and common phrases daily. Repeat them out loud 3-4 times at a time, and memorize them as you go. Learning a new language is all about repetition!
Thanks to Perriann Rodriguez | #Spanish #Lessons #Mini #Spanish #Lesson