According to a recent report in the Global Financial Monitor, employers are currently facing a shortage of finance and accounting professionals. The career prospects for graduates with a commercial degree are therefore very promising. A Bachelor of Commerce or B.Com degree is designed to provide students with managerial skills in commerce-related disciplines such as marketing, finance, accounting, and advertising. The degree program is structured to provide skills in business principles and organizational behavior by focusing on core subjects such as statistics, accounting, law, economics, finance, marketing as well as professional education.
Advantages of a business degree
This is a degree that provides students with expert knowledge in various areas of business management and organization. Most universities have a curriculum for this program that addresses rapidly changing environments in terms of innovation, international orientation and aspects of market relevance in the business world. The degree is a good transition from the academic world to the competitive and highly flexible business world. Here are some of the key benefits of this degree:
• With a BCom degree you are well prepared to be successful both in your own business and in the company. You can start your own business and run it professionally without having to pay for expert services such as accountants or market consultants.
• Holders of this degree have good job opportunities as every company or business needs a manager, commercial specialist or at least an accountant. There will never be a shortage of vacancies in this field.
• Knowledge of accounting gives you the ability to understand and analyze financial reports and how they affect a business in general. A good knowledge of cost and managerial accounting techniques is crucial for decision making, planning and evaluating the performance of a company’s business activities. The knowledge provides a good basis in auditing and local and international tax principles.
• Students who have decided to study finance in this course have in-depth knowledge of the role of financial management in a business enterprise. You can calculate financial ratios and understand how successful companies raise capital, select lucrative investments and analyze risks. The program will also provide you with a good knowledge of how securities markets work and how to build an attractive portfolio of companies.
• Human resource management is another elective in this course. This option prepares students with the skills necessary to identify, analyze, and find solutions to problems related to human resource activities. It covers, among others, important organizational processes such as the recruitment and selection of employees, the search for talent, promotions, the welfare of employees and the application of the occupational safety process in a company.
Thanks to Michi P P | #Benefits #Bachelor #Commerce #Degree