pronunciation is always a big hurdle on the way to becoming fluent in English. This is typical of the many accents that exist in the English language. This can cause confusion and you may not know the correct pronunciation of a word. Obviously you will have this difficulty saying words correctly.
Here is a collection of tips to help you improve your speaking English skills:
- Compile a good number of audio materials on spoken English language and word usage. Listen to them as if you are listening to your favorite music or as someone special tells you they love you.
- Read a paragraph and record on a tape recorder saying that paragraph. Listen to yourself. Use a tape recorder to record your voice as you read the correct pronunciation of each vowel and consonant. You can compare similar words from your recording to your audio. Re-record words you say until you are happy with how you say them.
- watch an English film and pay attention to the different accents.
- look in the mirror and watch your jaw drop or your lips pucker as you mimic the correct pronunciation of words. Try to make this a part of your habit.
- Practice and practice. Aside from reading and listening, talk to people who are native English speakers or are very good at pronouncing English words. Apply what you’ve learned and ask for tips.
- be open to suggestions while you listen and speak the language with your partner.
- go online, join a voice chat program, or enroll in conversational English classes. There are great online English courses that are affordable and cater to your individual needs.
- To learn to the tongue twister. It helps you train your jaw for better pronunciation of words. It is recommended to say tongue twister in front of the mirror at least once a day. Don’t jump from one tongue twister to another – try to master a set before moving on to the next tongue twister activity.
Learning English is made easier by the internet. Learning spoken English, however, requires a lot of perseverance and diligence. And you guessed it right: it can be fun and it’s up to you too.
Thanks to Jayson Pino Guevarra | #easy #ways #learn #spoken #English