There is no doubt: now is the best time to learn Spanish. For many prospective students, the question arises as to which learning method to choose! This article will outline the pros and cons of different ways to learn Spanish so you can decide which option is best for you.
Take Spanish classes
- Students have a set time for class, which establishes a routine.
- A “real” teacher is available to answer questions and clarify doubts; empathy with students promotes learning and communication.
- The opportunity to make friends with other students – learning languages should be fun!
- You must go to the class location and stick to the schedule.
- Face-to-face classes are more expensive.
- As a rule, you cannot catch up on lessons that you miss.
Learn Spanish online
- Online courses are available 24 hours a day from the comfort of your own home.
- They are cheaper than face-to-face courses.
- Some online courses offer video tutorials.
- They are easier to give up as there is less engagement with online courses.
- There is no fixed schedule and therefore no routine.
- You cannot learn from other students as there is no interaction.
- Learning is not as fast as in a course in a Spanish speaking country.
Learn Spanish in Spain
- There is no better place to learn a language than in a country where it is spoken.
- In addition to learning Spanish, you will get an insight into the culture of the country.
- You can meet new people, and not just locals – some may be from all over the world.
- It’s an amazing life experience.
- You can access more learning material such as local radio, newspapers, television and even local people to interact with and ask questions.
- It can get more expensive.
- Students tend to spend time only with people who speak their native language and therefore learn less than hoped.
In summary, most people would agree that the best way to learn Spanish is in Spain. Combining all three methods will maximize your results; Start a course in a Spanish school in Spain, but use the internet to practice after class. Try downloading free podcasts and using online vocabulary lists to expand your knowledge and complement what you’re learning in your class!
¡Mucha suerte y hasta pronto!
Thanks to Chris Haworth | #Learn #Spanish #Pros #Cons #Options